I like to think that it takes a certain kind of spirit to appreciate things/happenings such as rain and storms. To feel what's actually happening around them.
It rained here today. It hasn't rained in weeks.
It reminded me of a quote from Donald Miller's book Blue Like Jazz, "I once listened to an Indian on television say that God was in the wind and the water, and I wondered at how beautiful that was because it meant you could swim in Him or have Him brush your face in a breeze."
When it started raining today it was like that. The sun was just hitting the rain as it fell from the sky so that it glistened and glittered. I don't know what you believe, but what I witnessed today was truly divine. I could feel it in my heart. I believe in God, but I couldn't tell you why. I don't exactly know myself. I suppose it could be because it feels good. Because He makes me happy. Because He's funny. I don't just believe in Him I'm in love with Him and most of His creatures. Believing in God isn't a statement it's a feeling.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment