A Con:
I have the wings to fly,
To soar over my troubles,
To glide through sadness,
To pass over danger safely.
I have wings to glide through life,
The turbulence brings some down;
The STRONGER continue to fly,
In the sky-unbound continuity.
Some do not have these,
These wings,
They are tied to the ground;
Those without wings.
Those without wings have not felt the high,
The ECSTASY of life itself-highs
And lows.
I have wings to continue on,
Through the barriers,
And the day passes.
Through the BAD days
And the Best days,
Though neither ever last.
I have wings to LOVE,
To guide through the tough times,
To soar high-ALIVE-with life itself,
I have wings to live a life that is my own.
~Kaitlin Harris~
An Ambitious College Addict:
I have the wings to fly,
To soar over my troubles,
To glide through sadness,
To pass over danger safely.
I have wings to glide through life,
The turbulence brings some down;
The STRONGER continue to fly,
In the sky-unbound continuity.
Some do not have these,
These wings,
They are tied to the ground;
Those without wings.
Those without wings have not felt the high,
The ECSTASY of life itself-highs
And lows.
I have wings to continue on,
Through the barriers,
And the day passes.
Through the BAD days
And the Best days,
Though neither ever last.
I have wings to LOVE,
To guide through the tough times,
To soar high-ALIVE-with life itself,
I have wings to live a life that is my own.
~Kaitlin Harris~
An Ambitious College Addict:
The world is a drug and I daydream of ways to use and experience it. It’s not all fields of daisies and butterflies, I know. I want to go to the places where no one wants to go. Shoot up with the venture and feel the adrenalin flow through my veins. Swallow the fear and inhale the fumes of life and death. I have this one life and with it I’m going to accomplish something of epic means. But until my time comes I’m stuck here gasping for scholarships, grants, and loans and choking on ignorance and stupidity.
A Forgiving Child of God:
It's funny because the art of forgiving is something I've far from mastered; yet it seems as though the extent to which I'm able to live my life is based on my ability to forgive. I've finally discovered how to forgive.
You have to be honest to yourself, differentiate, and accept the truth and fallacy of your life and the world. You can’t just forgive and forget. Forgiveness is a powerful and daring act. To forget the forgiven is accomplishing nothing at all.
An Artist:
I feel like a hurt little fish in a goldfish bowl
I hate being trapped,
I need to be in the ocean.
I need to heal in the currents of my unfamiliar,
I want to speak the many languages of my fellow fish,
I need to feel fear from my experiences,
I want to be in love with my surroundings.
To me somewhere,
And nowhere.
That's a shot of who I was and who I've become.
A Forgiving Child of God:
It's funny because the art of forgiving is something I've far from mastered; yet it seems as though the extent to which I'm able to live my life is based on my ability to forgive. I've finally discovered how to forgive.
You have to be honest to yourself, differentiate, and accept the truth and fallacy of your life and the world. You can’t just forgive and forget. Forgiveness is a powerful and daring act. To forget the forgiven is accomplishing nothing at all.
An Artist:
I feel like a hurt little fish in a goldfish bowl
I hate being trapped,
I need to be in the ocean.
I need to heal in the currents of my unfamiliar,
I want to speak the many languages of my fellow fish,
I need to feel fear from my experiences,
I want to be in love with my surroundings.
To me somewhere,
And nowhere.
That's a shot of who I was and who I've become.
No comments:
Post a Comment